Logimat® Vertical Lift Module
Space-saving storage with high order-picking performance
Vertical storage solutions are the ideal alternative to store and order pick small parts in a compact and ergonomic way. A LogiMat® Vertical Lift Module is comparable to an oversized drawer cabinet with two stacks of trays (one in the front and one in the rear). Between those stacks operates a lift, which pulls out individual trays as requested and delivers them to the service window. The SSI SCHAEFER LogiMat® can be used as an autonomous system or integrated into an automated "goods-to-person" application for the storage, provision and order picking of small parts.
- Future-proof and extremely user-friendly
- Save 90% of storage space in comparison to conventional static storage solutions
- With its modular design and numerous options, the system is fully adjustable to your individual requirements
- Reduce costs for energy and storage thanks to its compact design
- With process automation, you will increase order picking speed by a factor of 6 to 10
- Decrease travel times by more than 70%
- Minimize order picking errors through computer-controlled processes
- Achieve an increase in performance of up to 20% thanks to its ergonomic design
Options for maximum efficiency
- LogiPointer: If desired, the LogiMat® can be equipped with a laser pointer system (identification of picking position), making order picking even easier.
- LogiLift: LogiLift is an operating opening with continuous height adjustment, which is adjusted to the worker to ensure an ergonomically correct removal height.
- LogiTilt: LogiTilt is a tilt mechanism for the ergonomic removal of goods and the reduction of the reach depth.
- LogiSafe: LogiSafe is an electrically-driven locking door, ideal in particular for valuable goods.
- LogiGuard: LogiGuard is a protection of the operating opening with the aid of light barriers.
"In December, 2012, we installed two LOGIMAT® VLMs, each 12-feet in length and 6-feet deep. Combined, these units are now holding 5,000 small part numbers, and are a total of 24 linear feet wide leaving us 476 linear feet that we converted from tote racking to 1,600 new pallet racking locations. We have gone from four pickers previously, now to only one, while handling the same volume of orders, if not more. We are able to handle 80 picks per hour, per VLM, with multiple quantities per pick. Needless to say, we are very pleased with the system."
Dante Candelaria, Industrial Engineer in the Manufacturing Engineering Department at Volvo